- MA., Expressive Arts Therapy, CIIS, San Francisco, CA
- BA., Summa Cum Laude w/ Highest Honors in Philosophy, Brandeis University, Boston, MA
- Roy Hart Theater for voice and theater, France
- East Carolina University, Ballet & Modern Dance, NC
- Green Street Dance Studio, Ballet & Modern Dance, Boston, MA
- Main Street Dance, Modern Dance, Burlington, VT
I began my technical training as a modern dancer in 1973. After studying for 10 years and majoring in dance at East Carolina University from 1983-1985, I left traditional training to explore alternative movement forms including Contact Improvisation and Authentic Movement. I spent an additional 10 years studying these forms, as well as improvisational writing, theater and voice with Christie Svane (Moving Words), Ruth Zaporah (Action Theater), and The Roy Hart Theater in France.
From 1994-1999 I performed solo and ensemble work in the Boston area, primarily focusing on improvisation in movement, song, and story. During this time I wrote, recorded and performed solo acapella music, and began developing choreographed performance work. I began teaching workshops in improvisational performance and autobiographical theater in 1997. Currently I work in the visual arts, creating works from textiles and fabric for joy and family.