- MA., Counseling Psychology, California Institute of Integral Studies
- BA., Summa Cum Laude, Highest Honors in Philosophy, Brandeis University
- Certified EMDR Therapist
- EMDRIA Approved EMDR Consultant
I am an EMDRIA Approved Consultant with a full-time private practice in Berkeley, CA (since 2007), where I treat clients and provide individual as well as group consultation to new and experienced trauma therapists.
I’m passionate about trauma-informed psychotherapy and present trainings in the Bay Area and beyond on the topic of integrative approaches to treating complex trauma and dissociative disorders (since 2015). My training in psychotherapy began in the arts, where I learned to apply play, metaphor and precision to the work. I received a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies (2002), where I specialized in Expressive Arts Therapy. I completed practicum training at Berkeley Creative Living Center working with the chronically mentally ill (schizophrenia, etc.).
I went on to intern with Project Pride, a residential treatment program for female criminal offenders, and the East Bay Community Recovery Project’s out-patient addiction treatment program in Hayward, CA. I also completed a three year internship at Earth Circles Counseling Center, providing individual, couple and family therapy to clients facing a wide range of clinical issues including: anxiety, trauma, addiction, divorce, grief/loss, bi-polar, cultural and diversity issues, eating disorders and creative and professional blocks.
- California Marriage and Family Therapy License No. MFS 44573, 2007-current
- EMDRIA Approved Consultant, 2013-current
- EMDR Approved Training Facilitator, 2013-current
- EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist, 2012-current
Additional Professional Training
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Structural Dissociation
- Early Childhood Trauma: attachment repair and developmental arrest repair
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- EMDR International Association